Past and Present in Geographic Location

November 26, 2010

Mr. Mike’s Foot Update

Mike – I thought I should wrap up the whole “foot issue” before moving onto the great times had in Kolkata. I didn’t leave the hotel room, kept it elevated, and took the pills as dictated by the sixteen year-old so-called doctor.Two days after the public hospital escapade, my foot was significantly worse.  The supposed “Tetanus Infection” blew up, big time, and so I popped some painkillers and went to hit up an Internet cafe to consult WebMD on the subject.

It turns out that Tetanus is hella serious, and the symptoms are pretty out there. It was thus clear that my foot infection was not Tetanus, and the drugs I’d been taking to treat for Tetanus provided zero relief. It was time to move on to the private health sector.

The doctor suggested I get admitted because I’d had the infection long enough that a blood infection could be possible.

Luckily, that wasn’t the case. I was booked for three nights, but spent two. So, that is that, feeling great, and there will no more “foot talk” on this blog, thankfully, I’m sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment